Thursday 11 February 2021

Tilda Daisy

As You Like It Challenge are running a poll to know what type of stamps are more popular: digi, rubber or clear.   

Some of my favourite brands are clear stamps, and there is a huge benefit when creating scenes because you can see through the clear stamp in order to line up the next character.  However, I frequently have problems with clear stamps being temperamental in stamping the whole image. For example, sometimes they stick to the card when stamping, and even though I use my Stmaping Platform, the stickiness can slightly move the card (despite it being held down by the strong magnets), which means that I can't re-ink the stamp a second time trying to fill in any missing parts of the image.

I love the convenience of digis, especially to store and catalogue them for browsing when choosing what I'm going to use.  It's also great when you need an image to be able to buy it and use it within minutes (no waiting for shipping), but I've only been able to use laser printers for digis, because the ink in inkjet printers are generally water soluble, so they don't work with watercolour, even if the image is left to set overnight or with heat.  Laser printers are more expensive to replenish, and mine is currently down to 12% ink, so I'm preparing myself for an expensive purchase of toner soon. I've been using the printer a bit for work purposes, but predominatly it's used for crafting, so the benefit of digis being cheaper than physical stamps is completely reversed if I have to spend £200 just on new toner!

So although I have quite a lot of clear and digi stamps, my favourite is rubber. Although generally they're more expensive, I personally find that they produce a more consistently crisp stamped image.  It's therefore fortunate that some of my favourite brands are manufactured in this medium, such as Magnolia Tilda and Purple Onion Designs.




Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:

  • Hair: Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs 
  • Skin: Tattered Rose, Tea Dye, Worn Lipstick
  • Grass: Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss
  • Sky: Tumbled Glass
  • Dress: Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans
  • Flower: Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge

Card Recipe:

Happy crafting
Annette
xx




4 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

I love the blues, so pretty. Elaine

Carole Pollard said...

Super lovely card the design is fabulous Regarding the stamps Rubber are my favourite I use digits but not keen on Digi sentiments as you cannot heat emboss the images are Ok . I have clear stamps as well that I also use .I really hope that rubber and clear are around for a long time hugs Carole x

Sarah said...

She's a beauty Annette xx

Claire (Mrs H) said...

This is so danity. Love it