Thursday 20 May 2021

Gardening

I wanted to make a flowerpot shaped cardbase for this gardening image, but it turned out more challenging than I'd expected!  This is what I've come up with and I've decorated it with some die cut flowers to match the gardening theme.  It's my DT card for the As You Like It Challenge where the theme is to showcase your favourite colouring medium.  I've tried H2O's, Promarkers, Pencils, Copics, Zigs and Docraft Artiste pens in the past but always come back to watercolouring with my DI reinkers like a comfy pair of slippers!  I really should try harder with the other mediums, but I actually find the watercolouring quite therapeutic and I like the way they blend and shade.






Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:

  • Fur: Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs 
  • Grass: Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss
  • Sky: Tumbled Glass
  • Reds: Candied Apple, Barn Door, Aged Mahogany
Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



4 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

A fabulous shaped card and so cute too. Elaine

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Annette. You've coloured him beautifully and I love the card shape. Those flowers dies are one of my favourites too.
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

Claire said...

Love the shape

Arteconpapelmaderaehilos said...

Beautiful card and lovely image
Have a lovely day
Maritza