Thursday 1 July 2021

A nice cuppa will make you feel better

At As You Like It Challenge today we're asking what kind of stitching you like to add to your cards, faux or real, doodled or embossed.  I really love stitching as a detail and I used to use my sewing machine to stitch around the edges of my images, but that was before the beautiful stitched nesting dies were common. Nowadays my sewing machine has been tucked out of sight and I use stitched dies a lot.  However, there's always room for more stitching and for today's creation I've also doodled some stitching around the edge of my cardbase. This wouldn't be possible with a die becuase it's a bespoke shape, and stitching with thread would need a lot of patience because of all those curves, but doodle stitches were easy to add all the way around and give it a more finished look.  The cardbase was a teapot shape that I elongated to make it much taller and then cut using my Silhouette into a tent-fold card.


Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:

  • Fur: Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs, Tattered Rose, Tea Dye
  • Greens: Bundled Sage, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss
  • Purples: Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord
  • Background: Antique Linen
Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



2 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

A stunning card. Love the shape and image. Elaine

Sarah said...

What a great shaped card and the doodled stitching looks fabulous xx