Thursday 7 October 2021

Sunflower Blanket

Brace yourself; there's not a paintbrush in sight today because this fornight at As You Like It Challenge we want to see your favourite non-card project, and it doesn't even need to be papercrafts.  

So for my project I'm sharing a sunflower granny square blanket that I made for my Mother-in-Law's birthday which is next week.  Sunflowers are her favourite flowers and I followed a Tutorial on YouTube by Bag-o-Day.  It was an easy pattern, and after the first dozen or so squares I think I could've made them in my sleep!  

I bought a yellow fleece blanket from Wilko to line the reverse, although I did spend an afternoon weaving all the loose ends in anyway.  I made enough granny squares to cover the fleece (which was 40 as it turned out).  I then joined and bordered them before attaching the lining.   

There are a lot of photos below, but I was so pleased with how it turned out considering I've not been crocheting very long and this is the biggest project I've attempted.  















Happy crafting
Annette
xx



5 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

Stunning Annette. You are a very talented lady. Your Mother in law will love it. It is so bright and cheerful. Elaine

Julie said...

This is gorgeous.Such a beautiful gift, I am sure your mother in law will love it - I definitely would.

Sarah said...

What can I say? You are a genius hooker Annette!! This is stunning and your Mother-in-Law is sure to be blown away with this beautiful gift xx

Bunny said...

This is fabulous. I'm so glad you showed the back and the great close up. You'll have to let us know how much your MIL loved it. It's so much fun to give something to someone that you've put your heart in to and it's turned out beautifully.

I made several quilts in the past for family members and it was such fun seeing their reaction.

I really love this. Thanks for sharing it. [Bunny]

Aquarius said...

This is beautiful - love the sunflowers, such happy flowers.