Thursday 4 August 2022

You're Roar-some

At As You Like It Challenge this week we're asking if you prefer African or Australian wild animals, and it was a tough one as I am really fond of koalas and kangaroos, but for me it has to be the Big Cats.  Technically tigers have long been my favourite wild animals, but since they're mainly native to Asia I've opted for Leo, the King of the Jungle to represent my Big Cat theme instead.

This Cute Lion is from Lee Holland and as usual I've watercoloured him and then used a stencil to ink in some background coulds. I've framed him with one of my new dies which matches the wild animal theme, and made a custom sentiment using my Silhouette.  The 'you are' is stamped, but I wrote the Roar-some text around it and created a shadow layer to make it stand out a bit more.  



Water-coloured on Ecoline Watercolour Card with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:
  • Fur: Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs. Tattered Rose, Tea Dye
  • Mane: Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain
  • Grass: Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss
  • Sky: Tumbled Glass
Card Recipe:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



3 comments:

dolcreations said...

Oh he is so cute! You such beautiful work!

Elaine Stark said...

An adorable image and a super sentiment. Elaine

Sarah said...

Love this cutie lion xx