Sunday 31 December 2023

Farewell 2023 .... Hello 2024

I'm finding myself at yet another New Year's Eve and wondering where that last year has gone!

So it must be time for my traditional 31st Dec round-up, to bid farewell to the old year with some of my favourite creations from the past twelve months.

Yet again, I've continued to notice that many of my blogposts have no comments compared to the simpler click of a 'like' button on other Social Media platforms, which makes my faithful commenters here far more appreciated. I am truly grateful for anyone who takes the time to comment, however brief, and I do read every single comment. 

So, as I sign off the year with a few of my favourites, 
I wish you all a happy, healthy and creative 2024. 

1)  I often struggle with colouring both white/grey and beards, which means I usually avoid gnomes but they seem to have been everywhere this year, and I've been tempted by some of the cutest ones!  This Stamping Bella image was a particular challenge for me, because I decided to make him almost monochrome in my most dreaded colours!




2)  Another gnomie, this time from Lee Holland's digi shop in a more colourful combo. I struggled a little with the beard but enjoyed the brights of his outfit and flower.





3)  There's a theme going on here because I'm sharing yet another gnome.  This card is probably my favourite from the whole year, and I was really pleased with how he turned out. Here's a link to the original Flowery Gnome card.






4)  Moving away from gnomes for this card, I really enjoyed making this personalised card using an image from Amanda Jayne Digis and my Silhouette for cutting the name.




5)  I have also enjoyed making some other styles of projects including this Festive cup/box which I made using my Silhouette.  Assembling it was a little tricky, but I was pleased with how it turned out, and it's quite solid, so it could be used as a gift box.





6)  I have also enjoyed my crochet projects this year, which have included my first jumper, but the project I'm most pleased with is this little guy (yes another gnome!!!  I told you they were everywhere!)




7)  And finally, a list of my favourites couldn't be complete without James Bear (Lili of the Valley) framed by some of my favourite NitWit Collection papers.





Well that's all folks. 

I look forward to crafting with you next year, but for now, have a lovely New Year's Eve, and I'll see you on the other side.

Happy crafting
Annette
xx

4 comments:

dolcreations said...

Hello Annette and Happy New Year! Every morning I come to your blog to see what you have been up to! I love every creation you make!

Heather said...

Hi Annette,
I have just discovered your blog and love all your cards as your colouring is awesome. Could you let me know where the gnome with the flowers is from as my mum loves gnomes and as she is in hospital at the minute it would really brighten her day.
Thanks, and keep up the great work as I can't wait to see your next creation

Heather said...

Hi Annette,
I have just discovered your blog and love all your cards as your colouring is awesome. Could you let me know where the gnome with the flowers is from as my mum loves gnomes and as she is in hospital at the minute it would really brighten her day.
Thanks, and keep up the great work as I can't wait to see your next creation

Annette said...

Hi Heather, I can't message you directly as you didn't leave a contact, but I think the gnome you're looking at is Stamping Bella and I've put a link to it on the post now. If that's not the one you're asking about, then send me an email, my email address is in my sidebar. Thanks for your lovely comments, and I hope you find the image you're looking for. Happy Crafting. xx