Thursday 1 June 2023

Flowery Gnome

I've had a week away and have struggled to get back into some crafting. Thank goodness for a long bank holiday weekend to squeeze in some time for a littel watercolouring session!

This week at As You Like It Challenge we want to know if you prefer pastels or bold colours. I'm definitely more a fan of pastels although I've used some quite strong shades for today's gnome image.  I tend to shy away from bright and bold colours, and my favourite colours are soft purples, blues and pinks.  I've added in some creamy yellow flowers and green foliage, but have softened the contrasts in my image with some pretty pastel papers in lilacs and yellows to match my image.







Designed for:
As You Like It Challenge
Dies to Die For
Papermill Direct

Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:
  • Skin: Tattered Rose, Tea Dye
  • Greens: Bundled Sage, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss
  • Purples: Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord, Wilted Violet, Villainous Potion
  • Yellows: Scattered Straw, Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Rusty Hinge
  • Reds: Candied Apple, Picked Raspberry, Aged Mahogany
  • Beard: Pumice Stone
Card Recipe:

From Dies To Die For:

Papermill Direct:
Other:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



5 comments:

dolcreations said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!

Sarah said...

Amazeballs my Friend!!

Elaine Stark said...

Beautiful colours. Elaine

Marlies said...

A beautiful card and fantastic colouring! Marlies

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

So beautiful Annette. LOVE this sweet image and your gorgeous colouring! Hugs, Wends xoxo