Tuesday 21 August 2012

A multi-layered single-layer card !

We're halfway through this fortnight's challenge at Top Tip Tuesday, and often the team showcase mid-way reminder cards.   I had held off making one because I had found the first week's card so hard with the theme of 'one layer cards'.  I just find these so hard because I love all my layers and embellishments, so I decided to 'think outside the box'.

Here's my one layer, no embellishment card  ...




Honestly, it really is just one layer.

To prove it, take a look at it from this angle ...
Absolutely everything is digital, the image, the papers, the 'matting' (which is just a digital border around the image in a matching colour), the flowers, the string bows, even the lacy ribbon.  It was all designed as one complete image before printing it out as a single layer.

Once it was printed, I then coloured the girlie with my copics, and used some Sakura Stardust gel pen on the sentiment and the 'string bows' to make them sparkle.

Did I have you fooled?   ;0)


Here's how I did it ....

I use Microsoft Word.
Start with a plain page of A4/Letter size and follow the steps below...

Step 1


Step 2


Step 3


 Step 4


 Step 5


 Step 6


 Step 7


Step 8 


Step 9




Step 10



Step 11



Step 12


Step 13



Step 14



Step 15


Step 16


Step 17


Step 18



Step 19

Step 20  





See my cards available to buy on eBay
eBay


We're sponsored this fortnight by Simon Says Stamp and Robyn's Fetish and you've got one week left to play along.

Card Recipe:
Please pop on over to the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge Blog to see the other creations by the talented design team, and to enter our challenge.  I look forward to seeing your creations this week.

I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting.

13 comments:

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Gorgeous card Annette, as usual and this is a totally awesome tutorial.
I've used digital layers for the insides of cards before but not thought about it for the front - guess it also cuts down on weight for postage as well, whilst still looking drop dead gorgeous!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing :o)
Helen xxx

Anonymous said...

I know I said this already but Annette this is flipping fanTASTIC! I love it the colours are awesome and so clever of you! what a TROOPER! a totally amazing one layer card! WELL DONE!! hugs me xx

Aud said...

Lovely card Annette, love the colours youve chose and a cute image. Aud x

Christine said...

What a gorgeous card, and thank you so much for such a helpful tutorial - will definately be giving this a go :-))

OlgaB said...

Wow....you could have fooled me! You did a magnificent job and thank you for the tutorial!

Christine L said...

Wowwwwwwwww Annette.... you're so darn clever!! It certainly had me fooled too... it's a fab card and thank you so much for the explanation and tutorial... I'm gonna have a practice now!! hehe

Hugs
Christine x

Candy C said...

This card is darling. I really like the design and how you've layered the different papers. Even though it's a flat card...it really has great interest. Your colored character is so nicely done and perfect for your papers. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Lisa said...

Your card is wonderful! It really looks like a layered card! I also love that you showed how to do it in microsoft word -- and made it very easy to understand!!! Thank you!!!

Lisa G

Mojca said...

OMG this is such a great card and thank you for the great tutorial. You are a real treasure of ideas!!! Hugs! Mojca

Loopylou. said...

annette this card is just fabulous hun. I love playing around in my psp doing layers like this, its so much fun!!
thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the saturated canary challenge blog
hugs Lou xx

Chris (catt871) said...

WOOOOO!!! Look at you!!!! SNEAKY girl but OH SO CLEVER!!!!!! I love this card, it is sooo pretty!!!!!
Hugs,
Chris

Denimo said...

Well... how clever are YOU? That's fab and you did have me fooled. Great job and thanks so much for joining our Saturated Canary Challenge photo inspiration challenge. Good luck.
Hugs, Denise

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Thanks for sharing this tutorial, it certainly had me fooled, must give it a go
Hugs Julie x