Sunday 5 August 2012

Wooden Fairy Hanger

I've got a different little project to share today. I bought this rustic looking wooden hanger from my local book store.  I wasn't sure what I was going to create when I bought it, but I knew that I'd love to stamp on it.  I was worried about how the ink would take to the wood, because although the front is rubbed smooth, it is slightly "fluffy".  A light dot from my copics created quite a spread of ink, so a light touch was necessary!!

I printed the sentiment onto paper, and then traced the words like I used to when I was young, by rubbing a pencil over the back of the printout to create a type of 'carbon paper' and then writing over the words on the front to make a pencil mark onto the wood underneath.  Then I wrote over the feint words with Sakura Stardust Gel pen, and then used my white gel pen to create a bit of 'snow' on the lettering.

I added a few flowers (ok quite a few flowers!), some pearl strands, liquid pearls and quite a bit of glitter!

Hope you like it.  It does look better if you click on the picture to enlarge it (and even better in real life!)





See my cards available to buy on eBay

eBay


Card Recipe:
  • Image - Winter Fairy from Lili of the Valley
  • Sentiment - Typed
  • Colouring - Copics, Sakura Stardust Gel pens, White gel pen
  • All flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts
  • Wood hanger - The Works bookstore
  •  From my stash -  Stickles, Liquid pearls, pearl strands
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting.

8 comments:

Mojca said...

Waw this is gorgeous and what a great idea. I also love the embellishment ... what great coloring! This is really great Annette. Hugs! Mojca

Anne-Marie said...

Oh, darn! I saw one of these and actually picked it up....then put it down, thinkin' I'd not know what to do with it!!!!
Guess where I'm goin', first thing in the morning?...Haa!
Absolutely gorjuss!

Lisa Minckler said...

Annette, wonderful work! This is fantastic!!!

Anonymous said...

Annette this is totally darn adorable LOVE it so different and LOVE the colours too! hugs me xx

Christine L said...

That's gorgeous Annette!

Hugs
Christine x

Tracey said...

This is fabulous Netty, what a gorgeous decoration :)
I hope you are well.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Larissa said...

Wow this is amazing! The coloring on the wood is awesome!

Hugs,
Larissa

Unknown said...

This is a great idea! Looks wonderful!

Sonja