Tuesday 5 June 2012

I may possibly have got carried away ...

Well we didn't go to see the fireworks after all last night.  Once it got to 9.45pm and hubby was settled down with a bottle of beer in one hand and a packet of crisps in the other, he suddenly changed his mind about going out again.  So we had a quiet night in. Or as quiet as is possible with fireworks seemingly surrounding the house from every direction.  The fur babies decided to join us, so the four of us had a nice evening together, not really doing much at all.

Anyway, I've got something sparkly and glittery to share with you today.  I'd spent last Friday night making a pair of sparkly earrings with some gorgeous sugar coated beads that hubby gave me last Christmas (yes, it has taken me nearly half a year to use them!), but I didn't just make one pair.

I, erm, seem to have got a bit carried away:




Well it just so happens that this fortnight's challenge at Top Tip Tuesday is Sparkles Galore in celebration of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.  So, what better project to fit the theme than some sparkles!!!

I made a little gift pouch for a couple of the pairs. I wanted to make the theme of this post Red White & Blue, so made one pouch in red (for the pink earrings) and one in blue (for the blue pair).

Beware, picture overload coming up .......







Here's a close up of the pink ones:




See some of my cards available to buy on my eBay listings

eBay

Both Stampfairy and Simon Says Stamp are sponsoring Top Tip Tuesday this fortnight, so there is even more reason to join in the Jubilee fun.




Project Recipe:
Please pop on over to the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge Blog to see the other creations by the talented design team, and to enter our challenge.  I look forward to seeing your creations this week.

I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting.

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Love them Hun I think the frosty beads are lush I don't make Jewelry but I do make pins for my cards so they would be fab to use I sit in front of tv making them to with a vino and some nibbles I must be getting old as this seems like a good night where as when I was younger it would have been lots of vino and wearing the bling lol

Hugs Wendy

Candy C said...

The earrings are fab! I love them! And...the sweet little gift pouches you made to put them in are just adorable! I love the little die cut around your very cute and well colored stamped little girl. You've colored her perfectly to coordinate with the papers you've used on your pouches. Love the ribbon accents, too! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show! <3 Candy

Christine L said...

Oooh lovely earrings and boxes... Your hubby has good taste buying those beads!

Hugs
Christine x

Anonymous said...

What fabulous sets of earrings and also boxes for gifts! those sparkly ones look like yummi treats! ahha! I LOVE the boxes too! so cute and pretty! well done hunny! I love the earrings you sent me and wear them often! so whom ever gets these ones is sure to love them too! hugs me xx

Mojca said...

Ohhhhh this is sooooo beautiful Annette. Really love the earrings they look almost like they were dipped in sugar -yummy! And gorgous little pouch to go with them. Perfect! Hugs! Mojca

Larissa said...

Wow you have been really busy, love your pretty earrings and the matching boxes are so lovely. Makes such a nice gift!

Hugs,
Larissa

xxxtglxxx said...

Is it wrong of me to want to eat those earrings!! :) They look like fruit pastilles! :D

Gorgeous work hun, I too like to make my own earrings and jewellery, at least I always have something that matches! ;)

Love the little gift box idea too!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Margaret said...

Great ideas and beautiful jewellery.Thanks for joining in the Crafters Companion Challenge, xx