Wednesday 8 February 2017

Tiny Dancers (Twice)

Well, today is my first day designing for Dies to Die For and I've got not one, but two samples. This wasn't originally intentional, but I spent so long on the no-lines version of the Tiny Dancers image that when I'd finished it I decided to make a 'normal' lines version to compare how long it had taken.  And my empirical study concluded that it took at least 3 times longer to colour the no-lines version.  That's just to colour it, not to make up the whole card!  Hence I kept the second version CAS while there are lots of embellies on my first version!





I also 'outlined' the no-lines version with Tumbled Glass before I started to colour the main image.



And now here's the 'normal' version....




Card Recipe:


From Dies To Die For:
Other:
Created for:



I've been inspired by:

  • Penny Black & More - Favourite Stamp (It grew on me so I've used it twice!)
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



17 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Gosh Annette...these are both so beautiful. I love both methods of colouring this pretty image.

Mrs A. said...

Both of these are wonderful but i do like the softness that the no lines colouring gives to the image. hugs Mrs A.

Carole Pollard said...

Well done on your new Dt post. These are both amazing but that no lines version was well worth the effort its perfect Love and hugs Carole x

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful! And wow the no lines really does look amazing! It's just if you have the patience to colour like that every time lol
Lucy x

Shirley said...

A beautiful card Annette with lovely colouring too.
Thank you for sharing your card with us at Penny black and more this month and good luck in our prize draw.

Shirley

Wishcraft said...

They're gorgeous Annette... your colouring looks fab in both versions, but I'm not sure I'll ever try no-lines - it scares me!

Thank you for the fabby birthday card hun :o) Big hugs, Lisa x

Deborah said...

Both are beautiful Annette.
Deborah A

Sarah said...

These are both incredible Annette. Those three little girls are adorable and look amazing in both styles xx

Carol S. said...

Stunning card and love the image. Colouring perfect and brilliant design. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Absolutely beautiful xx

Christine L said...

Love both of these Annette.... but I have to say, the no-lines version shows the extra time it took.. it really is amazing!!

Congrats on the DT too!

Christine x

Anne said...

Love both versions, your colouring is exquisite but there just isn't always the time I know

Anne x

Squirrel x said...

I've said it once, and I'll say it again - these are GORGEOUS! Seriously miss, your talent with a brush and some inks is amazing, can't choose between them - beautiful work. So happy to have you as a teamie! Love and huggles, Yoda-Squirrel xx

Ellibelle said...

Both versions are beautifully colored, wish I could give the no-line coloring a try, but I'm afraid I don't really have the time for it. Gorgeous cards, thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More!

Anonymous said...

Oh my Annette this is a beautiful card and I LOVE how you have coloured it its awesome and Dies to Die For have an awesome Teamie!! lucky them xx
hugs me xx

brenda said...

Both are extremely pretty creations and I love your choice of colours, many thanks for sharing your favourite stamp with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Congratulations. Two gorgeous cards, beautifully coloured, I do prefer line colouring but your no lines is fab