Thursday 30 August 2018

For those of you watching in black and white...

We're looking for non-card projects at As You Like It Challenge this fortnight.  Although I love making non-card papercrafting projects like boxes, crackers and tags, I've been getting back into a spot of jewellery making which I tried my hand at several years ago.  

I used to mainly make earrings, but this time I've tried my hand at necklaces and double stranded bracelets (although I did make some into a full set with matching earrings too!).  

I'm showcasing a couple of my bracelets today, one in blue and a similar one in pink.  I tend not to buy the cheapest beads because I think that they look cheap and 'plastic' and I was really pleased with how these turned out.

As usual with anything sparkly and shiny, the finished items were a nightmare to photograph.  The faceted rondelle beads were opaque and a little lighter in colour than they appear here, but these pictures (especially the close-ups) were the closest I could get to representing the true colours.  

Talking of seeing the true colours, I've just smiled as I reminded myself of the old Ted Lowe snooker commentating gaffe .... "for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green".








Happy crafting
Annette
xx



6 comments:

Sue said...

Hello my lovely friend - you are so clever! Love my bracelet but love it even more now I know you made it yourself! You are FAB! Thank you so much!...xxx <3 <3 <3

Elaine Stark said...

They are beautiful Annette. I enjoy making jewellery too but don't always have the time. Elaine

Sarah said...

They are really beautiful Annette. The clasps are such a lovely feature xx

Carol S. said...

I used to make and sell jewellery but the craft fairs had too many similar stalls. There is a lady at the monthly one I sell at, makes and sells her glass beads and they are amazing. I still have loads of stuff and sometime use it in my altered art type projects. Love your bracelets and the colours are so pretty. A lovely selection of beautiful beads. /hugs, Carol S.xx

Fikreta said...

its so beautiful!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh those are gorgeous Annette! It's many moons since I've done any jewellery making! I used to love it too! Those creation share beautiful hun and I know the hours that will have gone into that. A very gorgeous treat for someone special I'm sure. Love the balance you've achieved between the spacers and the beads. Just gorgeous. Hugs, Wends xoxo