Friday 17 August 2018

Heffalumps

I've been playing with these adorably cute heffalumps from Lili of the Valley and made a few in lilac with cream ears (no, the ears are not Pringles as one smart-Alec suggested!).  I added a couple of stitches around the eyes for eyelashes and a little bow for decoration.  I made three heffalumps and added some white clouds (a Memory Box die) and cream moon shapes (hand-drawn).

Here's a close up of one of the Lili of the Valley elephants ....



... and here's the finished mobile with all the trimmings:




Unfortunately I found that it was neigh on impossible to photograph because, funnily enough, they all twirled around constantly so I had to keep snapping pictures and hope that in one of the (many) photos I took, one might capture them:

  1. facing sideways that you could see their features instead of their backsides,
  2. not hiding behind a cloud, moon or another ellie and
  3. where none had decided to fly off at a funny angle due to the VERY slight breeze.
Anyhoo, here's another where I'd tried to shelter them behind a low wall.




Finally, here is the other bits on the mobile. The clouds are cut from a Memory Box die and the moon is hand drawn.





Project Recipe:



Created for:




I've been inspired by:

Happy crafting
Annette
xx



4 comments:

Aquarius said...

A super mobile and well done for capturing the ellies on camera.

Sarah said...

This is adorable Annette and so beautifully neat, it is going to look amazing in a nursery. I do hear that elephants are incredibly camera shy so that might explain your difficulty!! ;0) xx

Fikreta said...

Love it!
so cute!

Anne said...

I know this took a lot of work but it turned out so lovely.
I can just picture you running round with it, hanging it anywhere and everywhere you could to try to get a good pic!!
Anne x