Wednesday 10 June 2020

Gnome and the Letter

I don't usually make cards this big, but oh yeah, this one's a big 'un!  So big, in fact, that I had trouble making an envelope that would fit. 

I used The Gnome and The Letter for this 'hello' card which I've made for my DTDF card swap partner although I'm not sure if she's received it yet. 

The colours were inspired by the Lawn Fawn Spring Plaid papers which I thought were fun and jolly.

I think this is the first time that I've used this image. I admit that I struggle a bit with the beards on these gnomes, and don't think this one is particularly great, but I love the fun image. He's perfect for a 'just a note' or 'Hello' card. 

I hope you like him!




Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:

  • Gnome: Tattered Rose, Tea Dye, Pumice Stone
  • Outfit: Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss
  • Hat: Barn Door, Aged Mahogany
  • Pencil: Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge, Pumice Stone, Black Soot, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick
  • Paper: Old Paper, Forest Moss

Card Recipe:

I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



7 comments:

Fikreta said...

so adorable !

Sarah said...

I think he is wonderful and the card shape is fantastic too xx

Crafting Andy said...

This is so cute. I think he is coloured perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday. Hugz Andrea.x

Carole Pollard said...

Great shape and love that gnome love and hugs Carole x

Kim said...

great card and fabulous colouring - cute gnome!
Kim x

Jackie C said...


This has come together beautifully!
Love this entry, thank you for sharing with Creatalicious.
Good luck, we all hope to see you and your wonderful creations again!
Jackie DT member.

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes + optional birthdays” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Simply Create Too)

(DT Kreativtanten)



PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…