Thursday 18 June 2020

Nutcrackers

In an ideal world, I really do prefer rubber stamps to digis. For some reason using a digi does feel a bit like cheating.  There is something special about inking up a rubber stamp. However, I have been struggling to get some really crisp images with my stamping, even using a stamping platform which is a life-saver most of the time.  Even after about 6 re-inkings and re-pressing (to the point where I was pushing so hard it was about to go through the table top!) this one was still less than perfect in some areas.  However, I think it may be that my inkpad needs a bit more juice so I've bought a reinker for it.  Fingers crossed that resolves the issue for me.  This card is for the rubber v digi challenge this week at As You Like It Challenge and I have persevered with the rubber (well, clear silicone in this case) for my clean & simple Nutcracker card.



Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:

  • Skin: Tattered Rose, Tea Dye, Worn Lipstick
  • Blacks: Hickory Smoke, Black Soot
  • Yellows: Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Rusty Hinge
  • Reds: Candied Apple, Festive Berries, Aged Mahogany
  • Rolling pin: Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs 

Card Recipe:

Happy crafting
Annette
xx



5 comments:

Fikreta said...

so sweet!

Kim said...

great card and fabulous colouring!
Kim x

Elaine Stark said...

Love the Nutcrackers. Elaine

Lisa Lynn said...

Those Nutcrackers are so adorable. You just do such wonderful coloring and I don't care what medium you use, lol.

Sarah said...

Love that little trio of nutcrackers!! xx