Sunday 1 June 2014

Mission Impossible (well, it is for me)


The hubster needed a card for his brother's birthday.

The challenge, should I choose to accept it, was as follows:

  1. No bears,
  2. Definitely no cute stuff,
  3. Nothing pink,
  4. Or purple,
  5. Or lilac,
  6. Or any other colour that could be deemed pink or purple by a man,
  7. No glitter,
  8. No flowers,
  9. No satin ribbons,
  10. No pearls,
  11. No other kind of 'fluffy' embellishments, or what-nots,
  12. No pretty papers,
  13. No theme that could be considered 'feminine',
  14. Did I mention no cute bears?


So let me just check ... this one wouldn't be any good, right? ...



OK, OK, OK.

I pondered what might be left in a crafter's life once the above list had been banned?

So here goes.

A plain and simple, no frills card, as masculine as I could muster.

And not a pink bear in sight.



Card Recipe:
  • Cardworks Card base
  • Memory box Happy Birthday Die
  • XCut Star Nested dies
  • And a whole lot of physical restraint
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



22 comments:

Debbie said...

Fabulous card Annette...very simple and very stylish. 'Job Done' I'd say. x

Sue said...

Well done for stepping up to the challenge.Love your cas card Annette.
Sue x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I love making men's cards, yours is fab though I must admit the top one is much prettier but defo not a guy card x

Carole Pollard said...

This is fantastic good man card however my favourite is the cute bear version loved the post though Love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

Sarah said...

Aren't men "fussy" buggers!! You have filled the brief perfectly Annette...it's perfect xx

OlgaB said...

Wow you did a fantastic job out of your comfort zone ;-). I love the vibrant choice of red!
Higs from Africa!

andree said...

Just perfect I'd say. Made me laugh as well! x

brenda said...

Such a clean and crisp looking card Anette add you gave me a smile reading your post so thank you.

Great to see you at Allsorts again this week.

B x

brenda said...

Annette even !

B x

Mervi said...

LOL Annette,
so nice try!
Gorgeous cards both seriously!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Denise @ kc242 said...

What a wonderful masculine card. Simply love your design. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges.
Denise
Delightful Challenges DT

Chrissy said...

PERFECT..A simple,colourful, non fussy masculine card Annette.

luv CHRISSYxx

Larissa said...

Hihihihyou are so funny! Love the card that you made, you really rock this style.

-xxx-
Larissa

Barbara GR said...

Clean and simple... gorgeous card!!! I love it!
Hugs, Barbara GR

Carol S. said...

Made me laugh again! You certainly got it right with the second one! Very masculine! Hugs, Carol S.xx

suzanne2 said...

Well reading through the list, no pink no flowers no cutie stuff and so on I thought this card isn't goin to be very nice then but wow it looks amazing! Well done Annette I love your card so much I'm tempted to order that die lol thanks for the inspiration x

Janette said...

I love your CAS card, it is perfectly done....but I also love the top one too...lol...

Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

Anonymous said...

Woooooooooooooooooooohooooo!!! you NAILED it! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! well done hunny an awesome card and bang on target too! well done xx

Christine L said...

Brilliant! And fits the bill precisely! LOL!

Christine x

Naomi Johnson said...

I feel your pain. Men's cards are such a pain to do! great outcome though. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

Craftnut said...

Thanks for playing along with us at allsorts Tracy x

Pat (mspfd) said...

Great masculine birthday card! Hope it met your husband's approval. Love you bear card too!