Tuesday 24 June 2014

Oranges and Lemons

Now orange and yellow are not my colours at all.  But this card kind of just happened that way! And I admit that I actually quite like it.

It is a summery kind of image, and once I'd coloured the mouse and grass, I pulled out some papers to choose what I wanted to use before I coloured the flowers something that might not match.  This paper just seemed to match the mouse, and I knew that I had some gold organza ribbon that would match which I teamed with some thin orange ribbon to create a band around the insert panel.

The gold organza was actually from a reel left over from my wedding invitations, so it's probably some of my oldest crafting stash because making my wedding invitations was my very first introduction to card-making nearly 10 years ago!

The new challenge at Top Tip Tuesday is to use 2 or more ribbons, which is covered as I've used 2 different style ribbons, and also created a double bow using a third piece of ribbon.



Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
  • Stampin' for the weekend - Anything Goes
  • Bunny Zoe - Layers
  • Penny Black & More - Favourite Stamp (I love this image 'cos it is so summery, which is my favourite season, and the little mouse is so cute and happy with his smiley face)
  • Simon's Monday Challenge - Use this more (it is a crime to have not already used this gorgeous organza ribbon)
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



14 comments:

Christine L said...

Blogger is having tantrums at the moment Annette.. I've lost my reading list so it's only showing one post at a time... BUT... I'm trying to get around to my commenting! Your cards since I last visited are fabulous... I'm LOVING the James bear with his heart particularly.. and these last two with their little animals are gorgeous... your colouring really is superb!

Hope you had a good weekend... I probably won't be around again till Blogger gets itself sorted!

Hugs
Christine x

brenda said...

This is a very pretty design Annette and lovely colors.

Thanks so much for joining in at Penny Black and More this month.

B x

Dan said...

The card is lovely but I'm particularly in awe of such an expertly tied bow! :) Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Shannah said...

I love the colors!!!
How do you tie such a perfect bow? Please tell!! or show us on a video :)
Thanks a bunch. Shannah

Larissa said...

What an adorable card! The mouse is so very cute! The colors are not real Annette colors, but I do love them. :)

-xxxx-

Sarah said...

Such a beautiful stamp and the orange and lemon works brilliantly xx

Squirrel x said...

Love these beautiful soft and warm colours, as always I am in awe of your bow tying - but now you need to hand over the stamp and no one will get hurt! Xx

Carole Pollard said...

So sweet this is a lovely design and I like the gold colours Just shows you should never throw anything away it will be useful sometime even 10 years on!! Love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

Wishcraft said...

Aww this is just SO cute! Love the image and the colours are very pretty too :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card hunny, you got me humming that song now though! argh!
tehhehee :0)

Marilyn said...

Now this is cute, cute, cute! Gorgeous colouring and that happy little mouse just makes me smile!

Kat W said...

This is so summery and gorgeous - love the sunny colours and pretty ribbons :-)

Big hugs, Kat xx

Mervi said...

Two fabulous cards, both so lovely.
Thank you for sharing them at Penny Black and more Challenge;-))m

susiestacey said...

Beautiful card and such an adorable stamp.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More 'Favourite stamp' challenge and hope to see you in the new challenge starting this Sunday x Susan x