Monday 30 June 2014

Softly Does It

I've been trying to practice DI water-colouring in an attempt to get the shading a bit softer rather than bold.  I find it really hard to do, because each time I sit back and look at my work, I think it needs a bit more shadow adding, and it slowly ends up dark like all my other attempts.

This time I think I've definitely filled the brief on the soft colouring, but now I'm not sure whether it looks a bit washed out and faded.

I chose Wild Rose Studio papers in shades to match the image, and they're quite softly shaded too, so it all gels together.





Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



12 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Annette this is just delightful and I adore the soft colouring. She is such a cute ellie.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Sue said...

Love your soft colouring and gorgeous card.
Sue xx

Carole Pollard said...

Looks gorgeous love the soft colouring. I'm not perfect at DI water colouring either but find if I put the colour down on a splodge mat and I invested in a good paint brush it definitely helps with the blending. Love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

Sarah said...

I think you've cracked it my Friend!! Beautifully soft and delicate xx

Marilyn said...

This is so pretty! Cute image and I love the soft, gentle feel of this card.

Dawn said...

It looks great from where I'm sitting! The lovely soft colours are perfect for this pretty image!
Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog & leave a lovely comment!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Christine L said...

It's fabulous!! The first words that came into my mind when I saw it were 'soft and beautiful'... and that was before I read what you'd written!

Hugs
Christine x

Dorte said...

Gorgeous card, Annette, pretty and soft. I love the image and fabulous colouring.
hugs Dorte

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Soft and beautiful, definitely not washed out!

Deanne :)

rosie said...

gorgeous card Annette. love the colours x such a fab layout too x

Emily Leiphart said...

This is so soft and pretty, Annette! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes!

Squirrel x said...

Sooooooooooooooo beautiful darlin', so delicate, so pretty. LOVE her! Hugs xx