Saturday 21 June 2014

Take 3

I'm not willing to share the first two versions of this card, but needless to say this was the third attempt at a 50th birthday card for my boss.

Very unlike me, I'd left making it to the last minute.

Ok ok, just like usual, I'd left it to the last minute.

So I was making this the night before I needed to give it to him.  After several failed attempts at 'no image / just dies' cards, I remembered he likes cricket, which meant I could use an image after all!  :0)

I'm just not good at masculine cards.

Why, oh why, can't men like pink and glitter and flowers?



Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



12 comments:

andree said...

This is such a lovely card-men's cards are definitely not as easy as the girly ones but you've done a fab job here x

Mojca said...

oh I think he'll really like it, it's soooo pretty! hugs!Mojca

Sarah said...

Love it Annette and I'm sure the Boss will too for his 50 "not out" Birthday. Con has a home cricket match today so I'm on Victoria Sandwich duty. Hope you have something nice planned xx

Carole Pollard said...

Looks just great but I know what you mean I hate men cards embellishments are so difficult I'm sure he loved this one perfect Love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

Wishcraft said...

I'm sure your first attempts were just fine, and I love this one :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Dan said...

Great card, beautifully coloured, I'm sure your boss will love it! Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Larissa said...

Great card! The design is perfect for a man.

-xxx-

Larissa said...

Great card! The design is perfect for a man.

-xxx-

Christine L said...

Well if I was a man... I'd LOVE it!! LOL!

Hugs
Christine x

Anne said...

Third time lucky Netty - and I'm sure the first two were perfectly fine! I hope you boss liked it, I think it's perfect if he's a cricket fan!

Thank you for entering our 'Male or Sporty' challenge, good luck!

Anne x
Lili of the Valley

Squirrel x said...

Perfect and not out! I need to do similar for a 60th soon so will be borrowing ideas!! Hugs xx

Anonymous said...

brilliant and AWESOME colouring and shading too! love the fact it was a (cough) quickish! make! hugs me x