Thursday 31 October 2013

A Wee Christmas Planner

The theme today at As You Like It Challenge is to case your favourite designer.  I can't remember if I picked this theme or not now, but either way, I found it really hard just to decide who was my favourite designer.   I have well over 100 blogs that I follow regularly in my 'inspiration' reading list, many who I've followed for several years because I love their style and they never fail to amaze me with their creativity.

Selecting just one for today's project was nearly impossible, and took me just as long as making the actual project, but after a lot of pondering, Dena Concienne is the person I've chosen to case.  I think what snagged it was a Christmas Planner that she made recently, which was something that I wanted to make as soon as I saw it.

However it was not just the planner that I love about Dena's work;  her colouring is something I've also admired for a long time, and I've watched her watercolour painting video several times to try to improve my DI painting.

The planner that I've made is not watercoloured, but it does follow her layout and design.  So today's project is a Christmas Planner, inspired by Dena.  Thanks hun.





















eBay


Project Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting.
Annette
xx

13 comments:

Sarah said...

What a fantastic project Annette...must have taken ages, but is bound to be so useful!! The image is wonderful and the colour choice just right to showcase the pockets inside xx

Debbie said...

Wow Annette, This Planner is adorable, what a lot of work, it is delightful.
The green and white papers used are lovely, inside it looks fab, what a great idea, I am always using bits of paper for my lists so this would be so useful.
Debbiex

Christine L said...

What a fabulous project Annette... and a brilliant idea!! Love what you've done with this..

Hugs
Christine x

Mojca said...

Oh this is such a great idea and oh I just love the cute image too. hugs! Mojca

Carol S. said...

Hi Annette, I love this image and your colouring is brilliant. I agree with you about Dena's work. She is very inspiring. Great planner. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Wishcraft said...

This is gorgeous Annette! Fab design, super cute image and love those fresh green papers :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Michelle said...

Annette, this planner is fabulous! Your coloring is amazing. What a great project! Thank you for sharing it with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge. ~Michelle

Dena said...

Oh girl, I am so flattered!!! You are such a sweetie. I truly appreciate the kind comments you made!!!
Now, this is one super gorgeous planner!!! So much cuter than mine! I love the green and your coloring, wowie!!!!!!! I assume you used copics? Love it. So did you use a manila folder or just cardstock? This is super pretty and thanks again for the sweet words!!!
Hugs, Dena

Lisa Carroll said...

Adorable organizer! Love your coloring and all the details! :) Thanks for playing along over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

I utterly LOVE this Annette! Fantastic design and I love the green!! Love this image of Sylvia's too. Love, love, love this gorgeous crafty make. Hugs, Wends x

Chrissy said...

Fantastic planner Annette, love the gorgeous green and just love that cute mouse...wonderful colouring and stitching and fabulous Christmas papers..

luv CHRISSYxx

Anonymous said...

Blinking Brilliant and A GREAT! Designer to CASE too! love the idea I might just have to CASE your CASE! haha!! :)

Unknown said...

This is cute stuff - I love it, Annette! :)
Have an awesome day...