Saturday 5 October 2013

Men are most definitely from Mars

Today's my first official challenge at A Gem of a Challenge, and the theme is :

 .....

wait for it

.....

"Let's hear it for the boys".

Oh my word.  This is a challenge indeed for me because I'm officially the world's worst at designing masculine cards of any kind.

For male challenge themes I will often cheat and make a "baby boy" card, because I can still make it cute with flowers and ribbons (cos really it's for the mum rather than the baby, isn't it!!!).

But this time I decided to use a proper boy image.  However, I opted for my favourite occasion (Christmas) to motivate me a little bit more!!!

So :
  • no pretty satin ribbon, 
  • no flowers, 
  • no pink (ok, just a little hint of pink on the papers, but we'll gloss over that)
  • no bows 
  • no lace
  • nothing remotely girlie

(Ok, I admit, the image is still cute, but hey, you'll cut me some slack, right?)

To compensate for the lack of anything remotely feminine, I overdosed on die cuts !!!



Anyway, I hope you like my first card for the team.

And don't forget to pop by to see the other creations by my fab teamies and join in the challenge.


See my cards available to buy on eBay

eBay


Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting.
Annette
xx

13 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Wonderful card, Annette, love the image so sweet. Great design and colouring, Kate X

Christine L said...

A gorgeous card Annette... I know what you mean about male cards... sooooo difficult for us feminine crafters to do!

Happy Birthday!
Christine x

Sarah said...

Definitely a boy card but I would be able to pick it out in an identity parade as yours!! Hope you have a lovely day and that you are spoilt rotten xx

The Little Stamper said...

OMG - this is totally gorgeous. If this is one of ypur 'bad' cards, I can't wait to see the good ones!

Sharon x

Aunty Sue said...

Omg It Is Stunning Make More Make Cards They Are Brilliant

Wishcraft said...

I'm sure I've said this before, but your are FAB at making boy cards, honestly you really are! This is gorgeous, love all the dies you've used and super cute image too :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Christine said...

Hi Annette stunning cute PG début sweetie..cute images & great use of Janets digi papers etc..lovely work.

smiles Christine x

PharmacyMichele said...

You've made a great "male" card!

Michele

Anonymous said...

GOrgeous card hunny and Happy Birthday too! hope you are having a fab day xxx

Mojca said...

Oh don't be sooooo modest, I think you do such pretty boy cards!!! And this one is no exception :) Love it! And happy birthday hun! hugs! Mojca

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

OMGosh, this is just the cutest. Looking forward to seeing your future creations as your newest follower. See ya in blogland. Aloha from Hawaii.

Janet said...

Wow Annette this is gorgeous! I do know what you mean about Masculine cards though as I always struggle with them x

Chrissy said...

You totally nailed a fabulous boy card Annette..love the image and colouring and love the design...gorgeous..

luv CHRISSYxx