Monday 7 October 2013

Retirement Card

I've got a bit of a different card today, as it has a sentiment rather than an image as the focal point.

When I received these gorgeous papers from The Stamp Basket I couldn't cover them up, so decided to make a C&S design which showcased the papers more than anything else.

The card was requested by my hubby for his boss who is retiring in a few months, and the only requirement was to include some Swarovoski crystals, and preferably not a bear (hmmm, I can't think why he'd feel the need to say that)

Anyway, here's what I came up with;  a shaped card base, with floral papers.   I cut out a central square, matted it onto contrasting paper from the same pad, and edged it with Stardust gel pen before wrapping it with strands of red twine and sticking it back down in place so that the flowers still match the base card positions.

I then typed a sentiment in an elegant font, die cut it out and stamped flowers and leaves around the edge.  I layered that onto the same plain backing paper and used 3d foam pads to place it over the twine.  I then tied a bow in some more twine, threaded on a bead and a crystal onto each strand, and tied a knot at the end to stop them falling off.




See my cards available to buy on eBay

eBay


Card Recipe featuring items from The Stamp Basket:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx

5 comments:

Sarah said...

What NO Bears...the nerve of your Hubster!! Fab card though in spite of the lack of fur, I love how you've done the paper and the little crystals on the twine are lovely xx

Christine L said...

Such a very pretty 'bearless' card Annette... wowww to thos beautiful papers... I'm sure your hubby's boss will love it!

Hugs
Christine x

Jennifer said...

Hi Annette, what a very pretty card. I have just put my card on my blog with the 16th birthday badge for you to see. I didn't do anything to it apart from using a bit of glamour dust over the top. Thank you once again for doing this for me. Hugs, Jen x
Krafty Keepsakes

Mojca said...

Waw this is so gorgeous, the CAS look is great and I love the fancy font you used. Hugs! Mojca

Wishcraft said...

Love this Annette, it's so pretty :o) Hugs, Lisa x