Friday 25 October 2013

Chocks Away

I've had most of this week on a break from crafting as I've been working long hours and not sleeping well, so it's been just about as much as I can do to muster enough energy to visit my favourite blog pals for a bit of of crafting eye candy.

I also think my mojo's on leave at the moment, and I'm not really pleased with my creation today.  It might be partly because it's a masculine card, which I always struggle with.  Even the fact it's a Christmas card, which is my favourite theme, wasn't enough to get my creativity flowing.

Although the image is not Christmassy, the papers are definitely festive, and I added a winter tree for good measure.

Hmmm. I'm still not sure it looks quite right though.  I think I might have to return to a girlie image to get me back on track again.


Card Recipe featuring items from The Stamp Basket:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx

11 comments:

Sarah said...

I thought you had been quiet. Sorry to hear you've had a pants week. I don't know what you are on about with the card though...it's a great guy Christmas card!! Hope you get some R&R this weekend with a bit of craftiness thrown in for good measure!! xx

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

What a fun card. I love the Xmas tree die.

Chrissy said...

Awww...next week will be better Annette...and I love your masculine Christmas card...fabulous colouring and love the image,sky and tree..fabulous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Aww hun, I've had a week a bit like that too! Hope you're feeling chipper again soon. I actually love your card. I think the tree looks fab, I love the papers and that image is super cute. Great man's card! Hugs, Wends x

Christine L said...

Well I don't know what you're talking about hon...... it looks pretty fabulous to me... particularly for a man!

Big hugs
Christine x

Edwina said...

I love your card. I like the way you added the tree. Very pretty papers. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Ribbon Girl said...

Hope you're soon sleeping better and you feel more like crafting and I think your card is very nice - thank you for joining in with the Ribbon Girl October Colour Challenge, Mary x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, adorable card
luv
Debby

Mojca said...

Oh another gorgeous card. Hope you get some sleep over the weekend. Thank you for joining us at Here Comes The Boys. hugs! MOjca

Janet said...

Wonderful work Annette xx

Patricia said...

Aww Annette, this is a great card. I can be hard on myself as well especially if I don't put ribbon on a card. But I keep telling myself it's ok not to use ribbon on EVERY card. lol. Anyone who receives this card will love it, no worries!