Wednesday 2 October 2013

"Clearly" a mistake to emboss acetate!

The theme today at ABC Christmas Challenge is T for Transparent, and OMG this was a hard one to make and photograph.

Firstly I made the mistake of embossing the front panel of acetate, which warped it a bit, so I had to try to roll it back into shape.  It worked out ok, but probably only because the acetate was quite thick to start with.

I will also apologise for the photography as it is just so hard to show the transparency and not get too much shine reflection.

I popped a circle of white card on a purple matt on the reverse of the image for the greeting to be written, so that it would not show through when the card was stood up.

The back of the card is also acetate (no base card involved at all!), but I left that plain, rather than embossing it.  I then stickled around the edge of the front to define the edges a bit more.

Overall, not too bad, but I'll think twice about embossing acetate next time.



See my cards available to buy on eBay

eBay


Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting.
Annette
xx

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Great card Annette!! You are right about the thickness of the acetate, I have found the thinner stuff will work quite well! xx

Zw@@n said...

Your card is stunning, Annette. I love the embossing on the acetate.
I had also a hard time with this challenge ;)
Luv, Wilma

Dorte said...

Your card turned out very well, Annette, great embossing and a cute Barry. But this was a diffecult chall,
Dorte xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Annette :-) the image and embossing look fabulous ! ,,, and these challenges ARE a challenge at times lol ,,,but you rose to it with flying colours ;-)

luv
Lols x x x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous hunny, Acetate is so hard to photograph I LOVE your card and how you have pictured it, hugs me x

Michelle B. said...

Beautiful Annette, I never thought about embossing acetatem, very clever. I love the stickles around the edge, nice touch!