Saturday 19 October 2013

Spooky treat bags

The theme at A Gem of a Challenge this week is Spooky and each year I make some little trick or treat bags or boxes for the local ghosts and ghouls who visit on Halloween.  Last year I made pillow boxes, but this year I've made some little gift pouches to fill with treats.  After all, I wouldn't want a 'trick', right!  We have to keep these spooky visitors happy, you know!

The template for the pouch was actually a 'tea pigs' packet that I opened up, and scanned into my computer, then resized it to fit an A4 page.  I then converted it into a transparent png file so that I could insert digi papers, and some text into the various sections.  I then could print it out as a whole flat template, pre-coloured, and ready to cut, score and fold.

I then glued it together and popped on a couple of colour-coordinated embellishments; a small bow and some liquid pearls in the corner.

The image, a spooky little girlie with her trick or treat lantern, was printed separately, layered onto purple card, and stuck onto the front of the box.  Finally I've Stickled up the image panel and box edges to the max to glam it up a bit!




See my cards available to buy on eBay
eBay


Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting.
Annette
xx

15 comments:

Jane Allmark Crafting With Jane said...

Loving the treat bags, beautiful colours and really professional x

Janet said...

These look delicious Annette.....love them :) xx

Sarah said...

You really are a clever girlie Annette!! Such adorable little bags and that image is wonderful xx

Patricia said...

Hi Annette - I so love these little treat bags. Purple is one of my fave colors. I'm not sure what "tea pigs" are but, I'm guessing they are a cookie or "biscuit" as you all call them in the UK. Great project!

Christine L said...

So fabulous Annette.... I haven't made mine yet... the template sits on my desk waiting for me to get to it... but I think I may take you up on the offer of the template with words! LOL

Big hugs
Christine x

Deb said...

oh wow, they are so cute and so clever!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
Debxx

Mojca said...

This are so lovely Annette. Love the pretty colours too.hugs! MOjca

Chrissy said...

Just too clever for me Annette...gorgeous boxes and love the cute image..

luv CHRISSYxx

Craft Sensations/MISHMASH said...

I love your treat bag

Wishcraft said...

Oh they look fabulous Annette, really gorgeous :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Anne said...

Wow Netty I LOVE your little bags, you are clever! Lucky trick or treaters who knock on your door!
Have a lovely weekend, I sent you your prize from my draw on Friday.
Anne x

Elise said...

Hi Annette! OOoh your trick o treaters are so LUCKY to get these from you! My gosh, we have so many that come to our door .. we don't even bother putting them in bags .. we just grab candy and place them in their baskets! lol!!!! I looove this idea! So very creative and BEAUTIFUL!

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Dorte said...

LOvely little treat bag...wonderful colour combo, Annette,
hugs Dorte

Larissa said...

Very adorable. The image is really lovely and the design of the boxes is so nice!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Fantastic project Annette. You're amazing to create that template yourself. I wouldn't have the first clue how to go about any of that! Very inspiring hun. Love all the embellies and papers too. Hugs, Wends x