Thursday 12 August 2021

Gnometastic Birthday Cake

At As You Like It Challenge this fortnight we're asking what's your favourite primary colour.  I'm not really keen on bright colours, in particular red and yellow, but I really love a beautiful soft blue, so it's an easy choice for me.  This shade is so pretty and tranquil and I use it a lot (as you can probably see from my blog!)

I'm pleased with how this Apron card turned out. The little tag fits inside the pocket created by the main image on the front of the apron and I've used some gingham papers for the 'fabric'!  

I've created the main shape by cutting some oval shaped armholes from a scalloped square card and added some ribbon for the apron ties.




Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:

  • Cake: Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo
  • Skin: Tattered Rose, Tea Dye
  • Shoes: Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire
  • Flame: Scattered Straw, Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Rusty Hinge
  • Pinks: Spun Sugar, Kitsch Flamingo
  • 'Whites': Weathered Wood
  • Beard: Hickory Smoke

Card Recipe:

I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



3 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

beautiful shades of blue and an adorable image and sentiment. Elaine

Bunny said...

Love the blue gingham. I'm not understanding how you created the apron. I would love to see a tutorial on how you made it. It's so cute. [Bunny]

Chrissy said...

What a sweet little apron card Annette and love the adorable image and fabulous colouring..

Luv CHRISSYxx..