Monday 31 December 2018

Goodbye 2018, Hello 2019

I can barely believe that 2019 is just one sleep away, so here I am having my traditional nostalgic stumble meander through my creations of the past 12 months and picking out my favourite projects.

Before I do, I will share the results of my 2018 Resolutions which were as follows:
1) Make a minimum of 2 Christmas cards per month, including 1 masculine, and
2) For every card using a newly purchased image, make 2 featuring an older image 

The results were a marginal improvement on the previous year:

I made 54 Christmas cards (10 more than last year) although I admit that a large proportion of these were in Nov/Dec rather than being spread out during the year!  

What might optimistically pass for masculine (despite being 'cute') was significantly higher at 72 which was probably due to unconsciously leaning away from heavily embellished to more clean and simple designs.

Ok, so the Newly purchased:Old image ratio was a fair bit worse at 53:60, so I didn't even get close to my 1:2 target.  In my defence, I think this was always going to be a lost cause and I shouldn't beat myself up about it.

I've decided to give the resolutions a rest for 2019, although I really do want to try to keep up the Christmas card crafting throughout the year because I hate reaching December before I realise that I need another 30 cards by 25th.

So, to those of you still with me, thank you for your company this past year. I have noticed a drop in the number of comments left on my blog posts and many crafters moving to Facebook and Instagram.  I'm not a huge fan of Facebook but I did take the plunge with Instagram earlier this year. I frequently receive more comments and views there, but in truth I still love writing my blog and sharing a bit more info and anecdotes that I don't have space for on an Instagram post.  I really do appreciate any comments you leave me because I know that it takes much longer to write a comment than simply click a 'like' button.

Anyhoo, as usual, you'd better brace yourself for a photo heavy finale, picking my favourite 10 makes from 2018.  I wish you all a wonderful (and creative) 2019.


Early in the year was this simple design. It may be simple, but I was pleased with the colouring.


A really fussy card, one of the few in 2019, but I love a bit of fuss for a wedding theme!



I do love shaped cards, and this babygro design was an enjoyable card to make too.



 The vikings were my attempt at softer colouring (it didn't work but I still liked this one)


I loved this adorable image and the holly tree turned out better (and easier) than I'd expected!


The Christmouse Pudding image is one of my favourites so I had to include it.


I had a play with some jewellery this year too for a change:


I seemed to have a fondness for polar bears in the latter part of this year too!


Another fussy card and one of my favourite Tildas.


I played more with inky backgrounds in recent months, with this card being my fave.


And lastly, a return to polar bears with a 'no-lines' for my final 'warm glow' of 2018


Happy crafting, and Happy New Year!
See you on the other side.
Annette
xx



8 comments:

Janette van Otterlo said...

Love your Top 10!!!
Grtz and lots of love for 2019!
Janette

Irene said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE them all Annette!!
Thanks for all these beauties and the inspiration!
Still need to try that fun pop-up-box-card, maybe next year finally the time to go for it!
Best wishes for 2019!!!

Hugs from Holland, xx Irene

earl lea riser said...

I always love getting your posts in my inbox!! Your work is amazing - and BTW: the vikings are one of my favorites!!
I was interested in your comment about the swing toward FB...there is something easier about the endless feed, but I do still subscribe to many blogs! (maybe that reveals something bout our laziness??)

Deborah said...

Love your look back at 2018 although it would be difficult for me to select my favourites as all your creations are fab - particularly liked the James trio of cards, desk calendars and advant calendar you made. Can I also say that I love your blog posts and look forward to seeing news one. I am probably guilty of being one of these people who look every day at blogs but don't always comment (this is going to be one of my new year resolutions to comment more!). This year has been very difficult for me and visiting blogs has helped so I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your projects and creations. Wishing you all the best (and a crafty) new year.
Deborah

The Stamp Basket said...

A wonderful set of cards, Annette, and all so beautifully coloured, too! Keep up the blog...it always makes me smile :) Warmest good wishes for 2019!

Fikreta said...

you have great resolutions.
I dont have any.
love all your cards!
hugs

Anne said...

I always enjoy your end of year review and it's nice to get another peek at some favourite cards
I think you did pretty good with the 2018 resolutions but like you I'm not making any this year (crafty or otherwise!)
x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a delish line up Annette. Love your cards so much. Your colouring is always so dreamy and each of these creations is just gorgeous! Hugs, Wends xoxo