Thursday 21 July 2022

Squirrel !!!

At As You Like It Challenge today we are talking critters, and we want to know if you prefer fur, feathers or scales.  Although I did enjoy the chickens we had, and I like watching the garden birds, I'm generally not fond of things that flutter around me, and since I'm scared of most things with scales there's really no surprise that my choice is fur!

I've chosen this adorable Squirrel with Ladybird from Lee Holland which I've kept very simple with a few layers of matting, a stitched square die for the panel, and a birthday die cut.

I really liked the simplicity of this cute card once I'd finished it, and I debated keeping it, but it was actually made for my bestie's birthday, so I decided I would let him go, and since he's now been sent and opened, he's safe to share here.





Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:

  • Fur: Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo, Tattered Rose, Tea Dye
  • Grass: Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss
  • Sky: Tumbled Glass
  • Flower: Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge
Card Recipe:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



2 comments:

Sarah said...

GORGEOUS!! xx

Elaine Stark said...

Very cute. Elaine