Thursday 31 March 2022

Recycle, recycle, recycle

Today is all about recycling on As You Like It Challenge.  I do try to recycle things as much as I can so on this card there are a few things that I've reclaimed and re-used.




Firstly, I reused some watercolour card that had another image on the reverse.

Secondly, I have to encourage my printer to pull the thick watercolour paper through, by firstly printing my image on the bottom half of some plain white copy paper, covering it with my thick card, and running it through again. Rather than throw the copy-paper away, I fussy-cut its image out to use as a stenciling mask.  




I then line up the paper mask on top of my watercolour card, and place my stencil over the top so that I can ink a background.




Even the plant pot cardbase was left over from another project.


Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:
  • Skin: Tattered Rose, Tea Dye
  • Greens: Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss
  • Plant Pot: Tea Dye, Vintage Photo 
  • Sky: Tumbled Glass
  • Flowers: Scattered Straw, Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge
  • Pinks: Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, Kitsch Flamingo
  • Greys: Weathered Wood, Speckled Egg, Black Soot, Pumice Stone, Hickory Smoke
Shading enhanced with Derwent Inktense Pencils

Card Recipe:

I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



2 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

A super card and so cute. Elaine

Sarah said...

This is so pretty Annette and I love how you have recycled xx