Wednesday 9 March 2022

You Are Amazing

I loved colouring this Daisy Squidgy image again in these Springtime colours. I just need the warmer weather now to go with it! 




It wasn't until I'd finished colouring my image and composing all the card layers that I decided I wanted to add a die-cut sentiment, and I wanted a 'You Are' portion to go with the 'Amazing' text. After hunting through my images, I found this 'You Are' from a recent MFT Sweetest Safari set, and I set about masking it in order to extract the two words I wanted. 



This is what I ended up with, before adding the die cut 'Amazing', which I cut and layered 3 times in the lime green card:





Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:

  • Hair: Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs 
  • Skin: Tattered Rose, Tea Dye, Worn Lipstick
  • Grass: Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss
  • Oranges: Dried Marigold, Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge
Shading enhanced with Derwent Inktense Pencils

Card Recipe:


From Dies To Die For:

Papermill Direct:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



2 comments:

Sarah said...

She is ADORABLE and I love the citrus colours xx

Billie A said...

Beautiful card. Sweet darling image. I love your coloring and the way you did the sentiment. I need to remember this vs. post it note and possible oops. Your idea is great.. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Catz.